Committed user advocate with a wide range of development skills. I build user interfaces that are responsive, compatible across browsers, and easy to use. I flourish in close team environments, integrating pair and solo programming. I write clean code, care deeply about best practices, and work hard to always be better.
Northwest Independent Ruby Development (NIRD)
Front-End Web Developer
June 2015 - March 2017
- Software Development Cycle: Replicated and triaged UI bugs, verified fixes, met strict sprint deadlines, actively participated in standups and retros.
- Learning: Consistently studied and applied new techniques to improve code.
- Search Engine Optimization: Applied SEO techniques to client and NIRD internal sites to improve ranking and appearance in search engine results. Created semantic heading structures, canonical links, and structured data.
- Accessibility: Implemented compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Acts
Ada Developers Academy
February 2016 - July 2016
- Lectured on fundamentals of semantic HTML5 and CSS3
- Communicated difficult technical concepts in written and 1-on-1 contexts
- Worked with students to troubleshoot code problems
University of Washington Professional and Continuing Education
Teaching Assistant - HTML5 and CSS3 Foundations
October 2015 - December 2015
- Lectured on web accessibility and the Bootstrap framework
- Field student questions on in-class work in HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, and git
- Provided clear and constructive feedback in grading weekly student assignments
Rails Girls Summer of Code
June 2014 - September 2014
- Worked with immense legacy code base for an open source social networking site
- Customized Bootstrap themes to match style guides
- Communicated with an international team of developers
- University of Kentucky
Master of Science in Biology
MS in Biology
- The Evergreen State College
Bachelor of Science in Biology
BS in Biology
- University of Puget Sound
Bachelor of Arts in History
BA in History